Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Holidays and Movies

So my last exam was yesterday afternoon, which was good in that I had ages of time to study (which i mostly didn't use) but bad in that I only started my holidays today :(

It was an open book exam too. I learnt so much stuff in it!



So today I decided to do absolutely nothing to make up for the hardest semester I have ever had (which is saying a lot) and I went to see movies with Barbara (from uni and work), Mike Mills (from uni and school (and work)) and John (I can't remember his last name - from school).


We saw Little Miss Sunshine and Out of the Blue. Here's what I think of them:


Little Miss Sunshine:

8.7 out of 10.

VERY GOOD MOVIE!! Warm-hearted, funny, just plain FUN movie! Great performances, nice story, and ultimately a bit of a warm-fuzzy. I highly reccommend it! I might go see it again if anyone wants to come.



Out of the Blue:

9.0 out of 10.

This movie is even better than Little Miss Sunshine! It's extremely sad, but very well told. I came out not knowing whether to hate David Gray or to feel extremely sorry for him. The fact that it's strongly based on a true story (I checked out what really happened and the movie matches it almost perfectly) makes it even more powerful than it already is. Definitely see this one! Make it a priority!


The other movies I still want to see are:

Jackass 2
The Devil Wears Prada (kind of - mostly because it's got Meryl Streep in it)
Flags of Our Fathers
Step Up (except I think it's finished!)
A Good Year




Only 9 more days until Borat!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

By the time I got around to seeing Little Miss Sunshine, the positive word of mouth hype was at fever pitch, so I was sure it was going to be a letdown .. boy was I wrong, because it delivered all I expected and more

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home