Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Results, Or Something

So I've got most of my results back.


And all I can basically say is "wow". Two big surprises!

Firstly, I DIDN'T fail Dynamics! I honestly don't know how that happened - there must have been some pretty significant scaling! The exam was worth 70% and I only did about half of it and I know I got stuff wrong!


The second big surprise was that I failed MM3 (Mathematical Modeling 3). That was really surprising. I was expecting a solid C+ or maybe B-. It's also possibly the best paper I could have failed - simply because it isn't a prerequisite for any courses next year, and it's a massive class, so there will be quite a few people repeating. Also, because it's maths, it's a lot easier the second time around! Unfortunately it means I have to endure being force-fed Statistics and Models for Optimisation again!


So these are my marks:

Machine and Structural Dynamics: C-
Thermal Engineering: C-
Manufacturing Systems: C
Mathematical Modeling 3: D+
French Language 1: Haven't got back yet.


So I pretty much scraped through this semester. Really doesn't surprise me. All of my friends from Engineering will instantly point out that had I gone to classes my marks would be a lot better. Not only will they point that out - they will repeat it several times each. They have a point - although I think that had I gone to classes then I'd have been far sleepier all semester - and I still wouldn't have learnt much. I don't learn in lectures. Especially ones at 8am.

What I needed, and what this semester was lacking (in fact what all semesters have been lacking) is study outside class throughout the semester. Maybe I should start doing that next semester. Maybe I've been saying that at the end of every semester.






Of all my papers - it had to be the one with Models for Optimisation in it!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home