Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Third Day

Well, I have now attended at least the first lecture of all my classes. I'm having mixed feelings about uni. It's so ...... different. Unusual. New. It's a new era that has suddenly come upon me when I was perfectly happy with the old. Well not really. I was getting sick of school but it was comfortable and warm and this is like a plunge into cold water. And straight after the holidays... those are the old that I was perfectly happy with. Life is NEVER going to be the same again. Pity. I was enjoying it.

Oh well.

It's going to be interesting. And they say the uni years are, after all, the best years of your life. They say. I'm sure they will be. Once you settle it looks a cool place to be.

I got invited to join the navy yesterday. They said I looked like a perfect candidate. I signed up to their contact list but I don't know if I'll go along. You get interviewed by some of the top brass. The major reason I'm not too keen on trying out is that one of the major requirements is the ability to swim 50m and tread water for 3 minutes fully clothed. I can't do that. I don't even know if I can swim 50m. I can't tread water to save my life. Literally. So I don't know about it.

Wait...

Why am I even interested?

Well ... [clears throat] - for starters it's the naval reserves, so it's basically a part-time job. You go to parades on monday night and something on saturday i think. It's paid. You make really good friends (not too good I hope - after all it is the navy). You get valuable experience - attractive to employers. It's paid. You get BIG perks - like - holiday houses all over the country for just $60 a week. $60 a week!!!! Dude!! And you get massive discounts at places. Better than a crummy student card. It's paid. Aside from that, the sheer fun, the weekend cruises to places like the Poor Knights Islands, the adventure, and, ultimatly, the chance to call yourself "Captain" or even "Commodore". They have a much nicer ring to them than "Mister".

Hmmm .... maybe.

Maybe.

May...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home