Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Rainbows End

Happy Valentines Day!

Today I went to Rainbows End with some friends from work. (I don't think they visit my blog so I'll just call them Friends From Work.) Rainbows End opens at 10am and shuts at 5pm, and we were there from 10am to 5pm!

Between us we did every ride (except the Fearfall which was Closed For Maintenance). There isn't much to say about it except that I thoroughly [thouroughly? thouroghly? thuraly?) enjoyed it. The Gold Rush gets lamer every time I go (although I still get nervous on the big uphill bit at the end coz it's very steep (almost all your weight is actually on your back, not your butt) and it's a very long way to plummet backwards if it comes off the chain), and the Power Surge broke down twice that we know of, leaving the Power Surgees stuck in the air until they could lower it manually. Guessing that'll be closed for maintenance fairly shortly. The log flume was the same old classic best-ride-on-the-site. I love the way for most of it it's just a gentle cruise down river, then you get to the drop. I just wish the drop was longer.

I don't know how many of you have been into Cinema 180 there, but if you haven't it's well worth checking out when you go next time. You have to stand, though - don't sit unless you're a wuss, and try not to fall over! It's a really cool idea, and I actually came out feeling a little bit dizzy, even though I hadn't been moving.

New Motion Master film is lame, and very surreal. The colouring looks like you're on drugs. The main character is cool though, with a polised British accent that sharply contrasts with monsters and traps trying to get him.

Anyway, today I went on the RollerCoaster for the




FIRST












TIME














EVER!






And it was incredible! I was going to do it once coz the others were pressuring me to... I ended up doing it 3 times, and only got off because of a splitting headache (thanks to the dodgems earlier I think) and a slight feeling of "uuurrrpp" in the corkscrew the 3rd time. Honestly though, I wish I had done it earlier (sure I've only been to Rainbows End a couple of times since I was a kid, and as a kid I was terrified of that sort of thing). The feeling as you do the loop at the end of the long drop is unlike anything I have ever felt before!

It's such a massive rush! I wish I had gone on it earlier! Next is the Fearfall - I've never done that either.

1
8

s
t
o
r
i
e
s

s
t
r
a
i
g
h
t

d
o
w
n
.
.
.
!


------

total valentines received: 0

total valentines sent: 0

status: still single

night~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home