Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Zoo on the Hill

I have to say, the longer I've lived in Sydney, the more I love the city. There's just something about it! I think it's a mix of the liveliness, the culture, the history, and even just the attitudes of the people.

Went to the zoo today with Ben and Shannon. That's another reason I like Sydney - its zoo! While I can't say I've been to many zoos (three, in fact), Sydney's zoo is by far the best. You take a 10 minute ferry from downtown to the zoo quay, then you step off and ride a gondola to the top of the zoo (it's situated on a slope overlooking the harbour), and then you slowly wander back down the hill, through the zoo. If you just want to keep heading downhill then there are several paths you can take to the bottom. Then you can go back up to the top by the gondola, and take another path down. That's exactly what we did. Fortunately it didn't rain, although the weather forecast insisted there were going to be showers throughout the day, which meant there were spectacular views of the city.

I'm sitting on my bed in the apartment now, extremely bored, typing this. When I decided to post, I was going to go into a lot more detail about the zoo, but now I just can't be bothered. It's really hot at the moment, despite the fact that it's cloudy, and I just don't have the mental energy (or motivation) to go into detail about anything.



Haha, funny - as I was typing that I heard a loud crunch from outside followed by a car horn, and I went out to the balcony to have a look. Turns out some retard's gone and reversed into a car parked on the side of the road. It's people like that that make the roads dangerous places - not necessarily people who go fast, just people who can't control their cars, or can't make the connection between their eyes and their brain. Yes, you've got a bigger chance of losing control of the car, if you're speeding, but it's people like whoever it was who reversed into that car, who are truly dangerous.


I can just see the TV ad now - a whole lot of hot chicks standing on the side of the road waggling their little finger at people reversing into carparks.


It's weird how sound travels so much better upwards than it does outwards. I'm on the 13th floor of the building (and yes, the elevator DOES have a "13" button), and yet I heard that
crunch as clearly as if I'd only been standing a few metres away. What's more, when I was standing on the balcony before, watching, I could hear the swearing and cursing perfectly easily.

Anyway, I need to go have a shower. We're going out to Parramatta tonight for dinner. Going to Amadeus Encore. It's supposed to be very nice, although I've never been.



Cyz



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home