Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Friday, August 11, 2006

In Absentium

I would take more photos with my phone to post on my blog, but it costs at least 20c everytime i send a pxt from my phone to my email (that's the only way I have of getting them from my phone to my computer). That's the reason the Uni Tour series that I started has taken extended leave. Anyway, here's a couple of photos that I took this week:











This is what the Civil Engineers get up to when they aren't in lectures. This was their class photo that they took a few days back, much to the amusement of the rest of Engineering. This isn't actually the class photo - this is a photo I got with my phone while the photographer (the red bit in the right-middle of the photo) was arranging them. She has a way of standing with her legs apart like a triangle.


















This is a photo I took this morning on my way up the stairs of the Arts building. These are the lifts on strike. This was taken on level 4. Five minutes later, when I came back down, the lifts still hadn't moved! The funny part was that there was a crowd waiting for them on level 3 and a couple of men on level 6 also waiting! I don't take the lift anymore (part of my new self-motivated exercise program) so I got to enjoy the joke!


--------

Anyway, as love seems to be the general theme of a lot of blogs at the moment, it got me thinking, and I was reminded of this song:


Imogen Heap - Leave Me To Love

Complications, more so I can say
Promises and deadlines make it hard to stay away.
All these strings are attaching to me,
And I can't find the scissors.
Yeah

All I tell them "I'm back" and I'm not.
I can't remember where I was, I forgot.
Knitting it all, these holes that I need,
To crawl through a brick wall,
Is hard to say the least.

Where's that thought, that thought uncomplicated things?
Where's that peace of mind, that peace that made it easy?
Where's that simple day, that simply made it nice to be in?
Where did it go? Where did it go? Where did it go?
Yeah.

I got you a murky light, tell me what can you see?
A huge cloud of shit, hanging over me.
Can you blow it all somewhere else?
It's making it hell to distinguish myself.
Tired of the tyrants who only think they're all bee's knees.
Pissed with their patience, they constantly agree.
"Yes sir, yes sir, three hundred bags full."
It's easier to say yes than to say no to a fool.

Where's that thought, that thought uncomplicated things?
Where's that peace of mind, that peace that made it easy?
Where's that simple day, that simply made it nice to be in?
Where did it go? Where did it go? Where did it go?
Yeah.

Cover me in cyanide
Cover me in ink
Cover me in formaldehyde
And leave me here to think.
Cover me in carpet
Cover me in tile.
Cover me in everything and put me in a file.

Strip me bare, don't let me breathe.
Strip me to my skin.
Strip me so you can watch me clean off,
All these things I've been.
Strip me naked of these walls
Strip me of all my rules
Strip me boy and see how small I am without you.

Inseminate the good now
Inseminate the pure
Inseminate all the shit that I've forgotten how to whore.
Inseminate the natural
Inseminate the dirt
Inseminate the ineffectual
And leave me here to love.

Leave me here to love

Where's that thought, that thought uncomplicated things?
Where's that peace of mind, that peace that made it easy?
Where's that simple day, that simply made it nice to be in.
Where did it go? Where did it go? Where did it go?
Yeah.

Leave me here to love


-------


And switching topics again: Here's an email I received from a person who subscribes to a site that gives analysis on world issues (along with a lot of other things). Read it, it's interesting. You can find it here, because I've just decided I can't be bothered copying and pasting it into my blog. When you click the link, ignore all the stuff you see on the webpage and scroll down until you get to the heading "Awaiting the 12th Imam".

Blogger makes it too hard to copy large bodies of text.



Anyway, here's some things I'd like to add to that article. Don't keep reading unless you've read the article. Some people (mostly atheists) will be left completely cold by what I have to say (and will probably burst out laughing). In fact, of all people who I know read my blog, I think only Sonny, Kat, and maybe Helen will be interested, so this is written for them:




I find it amazing - the parrallels between Islamic and Christian prophecy! This "12th Imam" is supposed to reign for 7 years right before the end of the world - exactly the time that the Antichrist is supposed to reign right before the end of the world (as we know it)!

Furthermore it's interesting, that Ahmadinejad believes that this leader will usher in what appears to be a global fundamentalist Islamic Empire (certainly global domination by Islam) which will be characterised by the "conversion of the heathen amidst flame and fire" - it is interesting that the Koran states that anyone who will not freely convert to Islam must be killed (I will try to find the exact verse if anyone wants - I have it somewhere).

The third point of interest is that Bible scholars and theologians of the last quarter-century or so are divided as to whether the Antichrist will be a leader of a rearranged European Union or an Islamic leader! Some Christians also (like Ahmadinejad) believe that the Antichrist/12th Imam will appear in the next two years. Why? Because he first appears during a nuclear war between Israel (in the Bible - in Ezekiel I think, or maybe Daniel) and a host of attacking Arab nations, and is the only person who can bring about peace and end the war.

However, as long as America supports Israel, then Israel is too strong a foe for the Arab nations. However, once George Bush leaves office (in two years), if a president who doesn't support Israel comes to power (which seems likely), then Israel will be without its only ally, leaving it a compartatively weak target for the Arab nations to attack. Therefore it is logical that they would attack (particularly Iran), as it is an offense to Islam as long as it remains (for reasons I won't go into here). Now imagine a fight to the death between Israel and Iran. Israel has nuclear weapons, and Iran probably will in two years time. It seems to me that in a fight to death between them, there will probably be a few nukes going off. Cue the Antichrist.


Time will tell. Believe if you dare.


Night~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home