Blog Eight

Food or Blog Eight? I'll Have Blog Eight

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Friday, December 14, 2007

Now Comes With Wheels

Last night saw the final stage of an epic quest to find me a car. I've been searching for a car for the best part of the year, largely hampered by my total lack of anything to buy a car with. But I'd finally managed to scrape together enough money to (with a bit of a loan from my parents) buy a car! And not just any car, a good car. Or at least, a good car within my budget :D


For those of you who will want to know, here's a basic rundown of it:

It's a gun-metal gray 1997 Honda Accord VTS, with a 2.0L, 4 cylinder, in-line VTEC engine (F20B for the honda nuts). Unfortunately it isn't DOHC VTEC, which is far more powerful (like 30 - 40 more horsepower), but standard VTEC is good enough. The VTEC kicks in at about 5,000rpm.

The chassis is E-CF4. I'm not putting that there so much because any of you want to know, but more for reference.

It's a 5 speed manual (I don't drive automatics on principle), and has a max. power of 150 horsepower.

It's got power steering, ABS braking, and xenon lights. It also came with some nice rims, and tinted back windows. I don't like the tints, although everyone who's sat in the back seat (including my parents) think they're great. I might remove them, or I might just replace them with lighter ones.


So what still needs doing to it?

- Somehow it's managed to get a warrent without a high brake light. So that needs installing. I've bought a case, complete with bulb and bulb holder, so all that's left is to find a way to attach it (there's nothing there for it to screw into) and wire it up. Fortunately Liam and I are now brake-light installation professionals, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

- It badly needs new speakers - the stock ones are pretty bad, and it needs a sub and amp, which will also need wiring up.

- A (green) pod filter in the bonnet - not only does it sound nicer, but it's apparently more fuel efficient too.

- Green interior and rear number plate lights.

- Maybe a new head-deck and gear stick knob

- Removing or replacing the tints

- Maybe, at some point in the distant future, a new paint job

- If some of my mates get their way, it might get lowered slightly. But not a lot - I'm not really into lowering - sure it looks good on some cars, and it improves your cornering, but you also look like a retard when you come up to a speed-bump, and too many try-hards get it done.

I don't have a picture of it, so one might appear sometime soon, when I can be bothered taking a photo, then bluetoothing it to my computer, then uploading it to blogger.


I'm so happy! I've been wanting a car for so long! And finally I have one!


XD





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home